Field dimensions: TBD
- size 3 ball
- 4 - 6 minute quarters
- 20 minute practice period prior to the start of the games
- No score kept
- Everyone must play at least 2 quarters
- Try to limit substitutions between quarters when possible. Obviously if a kid walks off the field and is done, have another jump off the bench and play.
- A referee will be supplied. The duties of the referees are to keep the play moving along and manage the clock. They will put the ball back in play if it goes out of bounds, and they will have both teams reset after a goal. They will also be instructed to stop play for excessive hand balls (picking it up and running with it). It is the responsibility of the coaches to monitor pushing, pulling, etc. The purpose of a ref at this age is to get the kids accustomed to stopping on the whistle and obeying the officials orders. We want the kids to "just play", but there has to be some guidelines in place.
At this age, we're just teaching them the most basic fundamentals, but you'll find that this can be more of a social thing than anything. For some kids, this is their first interaction with a group of kids under the supervision of a different adult. Therefore, have patience with your child. It may take them a practice or two to get accustomed to things, and it may take most of the season.
- Shinguards are required, and hard plastic shin guards must be covered by socks.
- Game shirts will be provided by the league.
- No earrings or hard hair clips
- No jewelry
- All glasses must have a strap
- Only soccer cleats or gym shoes permitted. NO baseball cleats, football cleats, crocs, boots, sandals.